We have launched a new round of funding for families and professionals to organise PWS projects in countries where they are needed most.
IPWSO is offering microgrants for small projects to support the efforts of individuals and groups who are working to improve the lives of people with Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS). An award of up to US$2000 per project is available. This funding is made available by Friends of IPWSO (USA).
As the needs of people living with PWS are wide-ranging there are no restrictions on the types of projects that would be considered for funding other than the expectation that projects will be of benefit to more than one family, are concerned with building the capacity of networks or individuals to support people with PWS or would involve activities that are expected to directly assist people with PWS and their families. IPWSO will follow up with funding recipients for at least 6 months after the project has concluded to discuss the project’s impact and what, if any, projects are planned to build on the impact/knowledge gained.
Priority will be given to applications from:
- underserved countries
- countries where there is little awareness of PWS
- individuals/groups that struggle to access or develop services for people with PWS in that country
- individuals/groups who have not previously received funding from IPWSO
- individuals/groups who have previously supported people with PWS
- individuals/groups who present a coherent plan to help improve the lives of people with PWS and their families in the country/region.
The deadline to submit your application is 31 March 2023.