We have launched a new round of funding for families and professionals to organise PWS workshops in countries where events are needed most.
Thanks to the support of Friends of IPWSO (USA), the Conference and Workshops Committee of IPWSO is able to offer funding to individuals and groups who are interested in planning and hosting a PWS event to promote knowledge and awareness in their country or region.
The expectation of the funding is that the knowledge gained at the meeting will be used to further help people with PWS in that part of the world.
For help with content for your event, do check out our video resource library where presentations from experts are available on health, mental health and behaviour, and broader lifestyle topics. Some topics are also available in Spanish.
To apply please read through the form below and complete all the sections. If you would like any help or advice about the form please contact us at email@example.com.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- have previously supported people with PWS;
- present a coherent plan to build on the knowledge gained at the conference to improve the lives of people with PWS and their families in the country/region;
- have not previously received conference or workshop funding from IPWSO;
- live in countries in which PWS conferences do not currently take place and where there is little awareness of PWS.
Applications will be assessed in terms of:
- applicants’ past experience of supporting people with PWS;
- applicants plans to continue to support people with PWS after the workshop/conference concludes;
- the reasonableness of the amount claimed;
- the importance of providing support in this country/region;
- the number of people expected to benefit;
- the consideration, where reasonable and possible, of reducing the environmental impact of the conference/workshop.
The deadline to submit your application is 28 February 2024.