Opportunities to attend the fifteenth African Society of Paediatric and Adolescent Endocrinology Congress on 7 & 8 March 2024, Algiers, Algeria.
In order to share knowledge about Prader-Willi syndrome (PWS) around the world, IPWSO is delighted to offer a limited number of travel scholarships, up to US$750 each, to medical professionals from Africa who wish to attend the fifteenth ASPAE Congress to be held in Algiers, Algeria on 7 and 8 March 2024.
The expectation of the fellowship is that successful applicants will use the knowledge gained to help people with PWS in their country/region.
Successful applicants must be willing to be publicly identified by IPWSO and any potential funder as having received the fellowship (e.g., on websites and in various publications).
Applicants must also be willing to prepare a brief report which IPWSO and any partner funder may make public, within 3 months of the end of the conference.
Priority will be given to applicants who:
- Intend to submit an abstract that relates to Prader-Willi syndrome (either directly or indirectly) for the fifteenth ASPAE Congress;
- have previously worked with patients with PWS;
- express a real interest in developing their own knowledge of PWS and raising awareness of the syndrome amongst other professionals;
- work in Africa;
- have not previously received funding from IPWSO.
Applications will be assessed in terms of the:
- quality of the abstract;
- applicants’ experience of supporting people with PWS;
- applicants’ plans to continue to support people with PWS after the workshop/conference concludes;
- importance of providing support in this country/region.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 17:00 (UK time) on 2 February 2024. The successful applicant/s will be chosen by the IPWSO Grant Committee whose decision will be final. Both successful and unsuccessful applicants will be informed by IPWSO in collaboration with ASPAE as early as possible in February 2024.
All applications must be in English, and costs quoted in US$. IPWSO reserves the right to exclude applications that are incomplete or not in English. There is no need to include registration costs; this will be covered by the ASPAE Organising Committee for the various African ESPE Medical schools.
For any queries regarding this application please contact email@example.com
Click here for the Application Form