The Parents Conference offers a wealth of opportunities to help you, your loved one living with PWS, your family and also other families in your country. It is a time to reflect, a time to devleop new strategies, and coping methods, a time to receive support and in return give support by sharing your experiences. It’s a time to reconnect with old friends and develop new relationships. We’re all in this together and together in Ireland we can grow and strengthen our global community!
We’ll be exploring the following topics:
- current knowledge and research
- the genetics of PWS
- supporting children and families in the early years
- supporting the child in the school environment
- supporting teenagers and adults
- food security and problem behaviours
- orthopaedics – typical treatments and what needs to be monitored
- sleep patterns and disorders
- keeping children, teenagers and adults healthy: nutrition and physical activity
- behavioural challenges
- mental health and illness
- growth hormone treatment and other hormone deficiencies
- health and medical issues: gastro-intestinal problems, obesity management, oedema, oral health and orthodontics
- Body functions – stimulation, sensory integration, hygiene and body perception
- Autism and ADHD and other related symptoms of PWS
- Multidisciplinary teams and good practice in integrating health and social care.
Members of the Parents Conference Planning Committee:
Amalia Balart, Susanne Blichfeldt, Jackie Gill, Verena Gutmann, Yvonne Rochford.
The venue is the Main Building, University of Limerick.
Coming Soon: download the programme overview (PDF).
The Conference Planning Committee reserve the right to amend the content and timings of the programme, if deemed necessary.
*Please note all times are in BST.
IPWSO was established so that PWS associations, families, clinicians and caregivers around the world could exchange information and support and have a united global voice under one umbrella.
Information for Medical Professionals
The latest medical and scientific research and information, plus guides into common medical issues affecting people with PWS.